A number of constituents have expressed their concern to Chelsea & Fulham MP, Greg Hands, about the number of events, organised by Hammersmith & Fulham Council, which have been occurring in local parks.
Greg has requested a list of the events that have taken place, or are scheduled to, this year, specifically in regards to Parsons Green and Eel Brook Common. A total of 50 events will have taken place by the end of 2018, with 18 being held in Parsons Green, and 32 in Eel Brook Common. This is not including the Christmas Tree sale which will take place in a cordoned off area in Eel Brook Common for 3 weeks from the 16th November.
Please find below a breakdown of these events below:
- 18th April (7 days) – Parnhams Children’s Fair
- 7th July – Parsons Green Fair
- 18th September (10 days) – Parnhams Children’s Fair
Eel Brook Common:
- 20th February (9 days) – Parnhams Children’s Funfair
- 29th August (9 days) – Circus
- 16th June – Eid prayers
- 23rd June – Christ Church community day
- 12th August – Emergency Services community day
- 10th September (9 days) – Parnhams Children’s Funfair
- 8th November – Half day firewalk for cancer
- 16th November – 10k Adidas City Run
In addition, the Council have informed Greg that neither Parsons Green, nor Eel Brook Common, have an official Friends of Group. As such, if any residents are interested in setting up a Friends Group for either of these parks, please do get in contact. Such a group would be greatly beneficial in allowing residents to improve and protect the quality of their local green open spaces, and ensuring the community’s voice is heard when it comes to the management of local parks and the holding of events.